Good bye, Chick Flicks!
Tonight I was trully convicted! I was at Inner Champion (which is awesome!) and Debbie said that watching romantic comedies can be bad. It leaves you in a warm and fuzzy feeling and makes you start fantasizing about your future Mr. Right!
"Come on ! It's not that bad!" " I'm sure I'm not 'one of those girls' who drool over the hunks in the movie and all!" . This were some of the comments going through my mind at that moment.
But, what we feed our brain trully does produces who you are..Does chick flicks make you want to read the bible and seek after God more? NO! It just makes you daydream about that GUY! Does it help you think better or make you wiser? NO! If Jesus was in the room, would you continue to watch that movie? No! SO why watch?! That was what Debbie challenged me.......
Though most of the chick flicks do not have inappropriate scenes but it does imply "those stuff" in a very subtle way! So...what are we really feeding our minds?
It's just like drinking a really nice and sweet and lovely cup of Teh Tarik. It might look good on the outside and taste really nice but do you know what is inside? All "not-really-healthy stuff" kekekke like condensed milk and loads of sugar. Good on the outside not so good on the inside. It really only satisfies for a while! And later you'll regret it coz' you find yourself growing a wee bit broader!= )
SO, I have decided to stop watching chick flicks for the time being....I'm gonna be hard on myself so I can grow so much more in God. Your unseen life of worship is really what makes you who you trully are in God! Your unseen life of worship and seen life of worship should be one!
WOW! What a revelation I've got from tonight's Inner Champion!
p/s the teh tarik that I made at the Planet Uni booth was made up of Skim Condensed Milk and very little sugar! Just thought I'll mention it ....

3 Comments:
heya, tagged ur blog!!
just tag to say hi
Hi tjok! Thought I'll just say hi too!
Hey Iris! No prob! Making Teh Tarik is my joy! Anyway...I'm a firm believer of skim milk or skim condensed milk...or whatever that comes in the "skim" version! Muahahaha
Post a Comment
<< Home