Sunday, September 04, 2005

"JUST ME"

I've always been one that hates to sit alone at lunch, go shopping alone, do anything in public alone. I always thought it's awfully sad for one to do that..it shouts out to the world "LONELY! NO FRIENDS! LOSER!". But for me, I guess I had this "alone theory" because I am never confident of who I really am. I'm always thinking what the person next to me is thinking about me, wondering whether I had a blob of peanut butter on my face(leftover from lunch), scared that I would say the wrong thing, love the wrong type of clothes and have a opinion that someone out there doesn't approve of. Weird eh? Yeah...what's wrong with me? I have to admit that I'm an approval addict! (I hear people chanting "we still love you Sue Lynn!" in the background!hehe) But seriously, I guess many people go through that...

But! Wait! I'm fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalms 139:14)And I choose to believe that..I'm not too short, not too big, not too ugly..JUST NICE!JUST RIGHT! And God sees that .."there is no flaw in you"(Songs of Solomon 4:7) So many a times, we base our lives on the words of man...may it be from your dad, your mom, your friends. When you dress up, you hope and pray that someone will take notice and say..WOW!YOu look nice today! But is that what we want? Does it mean I have to keep putting on heaps of nice clothes, spend hours in front of the mirror to make sure I look perfect! DEFINITELY Not! I'm starting to grasp this principle..that I love the way I am, pimply face and all! Though I've learnt to ALWAYS base our lives on God's word (from Beautiful Woman thingy..awesome night!) , it had not really sunk in into my spirit.And only now I can begin to look myself in the mirror and proudly say...I'm a beautiful woman! (stop laughing! I'm not joking!Begin to love yourselves..enough of the lies that say..you have to be stick thin to be pretty..pimple free to be gorgeous..tummy -less to be beautiful!) You are beautiful the way you are! I'M INDEED A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!

book to read to get this in your spirit: Captivating by John and Stassi Eldredge, Approval Addict by Joyce Meyer, and get the Beautiful Woman DVD( contains Pastor Sam's sermon on that spectacular night).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home